Galanta’s Neo-Gothic castle was built in 1633 by the brothers Daniel and Paul Esterházy during the first period of massive expansion of power and prosperity of the family. Another member of the family, Imrich, bishop of Nitra, rebuilt the object in a baroque style in 1736.

Part of the castle has been renovated and includes a beautiful coffee shop and wine bar called Esterhazy, which has beautiful decorations, paintings from the era and a lovely wine bar in the basement.